- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 courgettes, halved lengthways, sliced
- 2 large carrots, halved lengthways, sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 4 fresh tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 300 ml vegetable stock
- 400 g tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 400 g tin kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 tbsp chopped coriander leaves, plus a handful mixed with natural yogurt, to serve
- brown rice, to serve
1. Heat the oil in a large heavy based saucepan and cook the onion for 2-3 mins until beginning to soften. Add the courgettes, carrots and chilli and cook for 5 minutes more, stirring well, until softened and beginning to turn golden.
2. Add the tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes more, stirring until softened. Add the stock and beans, then season well to taste. Bring to the boil, cover, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 mins, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the coriander and cook for a further 5 minutes, then serve with brown rice and natural yogurt mixed with coriander.
PER SERVING 264 kcals, protein 13g, carbs 36g, fat 9g, sat fat 1g, fibre 11g, sugar 16g, salt 1.27g
Rate This Recipe