- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: medium
For the fritters
- 300 ml water
- 115 g unsalted butter
- 140 g plain flour
- 4 eggs
- vegetable oil, for frying
For the chocolate
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 400 ml milk
- 300 g dark chocolate, (70% cocoa solid)
- 250 ml sweetened condensed milk
- 250 ml double cream
1. Heat the water and butter in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
2. Remove from the heat and mix in the flour. Return to a low heat, beating with a wooden spoon for about 1 minute. When the flour is completely combined and the dough starts to come off the sides of the pan, remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
3. Mix in the eggs, one by one, beating thoroughly. The mixture will look like it's split, but by continually beating it the eggs it will eventually incorporate into the mixture. Spoon the mixture into a piping bag and put to one side.
4. For the chocolate, simmering the milk and cinnamon stick together for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and discard the cinnamon.
5. Melt the chocolate in a clean bowl set over a pan of simmering water. When melted, gently stir in the infused milk and the condensed milk until thoroughly mixed and smooth. Pour this into 6 tumblers.
6. Whisk the cream to form soft peaks and spoon on top of the chocolate. Chill in the fridge for an hour or so.
7. Heat the oil in a deep fat fryer to 180C.
8. Pipe long sausage shapes into the hot oil, fry for 3-4 minutes until golden brown. Make sure that the oil is not too hot or it will brown too quickly before it has cooked through. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper
9. Dust with caster sugar and serve immediately with the tumblers of chocolate.
Rate This Recipe