- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 16 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp dried chillies
- 2 tsp oil
- 8 lean lamb cutlets or lamb chops
For the Couscous salad
- 450 g couscous, salad
- 50 g butter
- 600 ml vegetable or chicken stock
- 100 g flaked almonds, toasted
- 50 g raisins
- ½ cucumber, seeds removed and diced
- Large handful chopped mint
1. In a shallow dish mix together the cinnamon, chilli flakes, oil and a pinch of salt and freshly milled black pepper.
2. Place the chops on a chopping board and brush with the flavoured mixture on both sides.
3. For the couscous: put the couscous and butter in a large shallow heatproof bowl. Add the stock, stir gently, cover and leave to stand until the liquid is absorbed (this will take about 5 minutes).
4. Fluff up the couscous with a fork then add the remaining couscous ingredients. Season if required and set aside.
5. Cook the chops under a preheated grill or on a prepared barbecue for 6-8 minutes on each side.
6. Serve the lamb with the couscous salad and houmous.
Rate This Recipe