- Effort: easy
- 1 red cabbage
- 1 tsp juniper berries
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 175 g golden raisins
- 1 bottle robust red wine, such as Merlot
1. Quarter the cabbage and cut out the tough central stalk. Slice each quarter very thinly, using a mandolin if you have one.
2. Bruise the juniper berries with the flat side of a knife to release the oils.
3. Put all the ingredients into a large heavy-based saucepan or casserole dish and cover with wine.
4. Cover tightly and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to very low and gently simmer for 1 hour 15-30 minutes, until tender.
Rate This Recipe