- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- crème fraîche or Greek yogurt
For the granola
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil, or hemp oil
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 1 tbsp lightlight muscovado sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 150 g porridge oats
- 60 g chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 15 g sesame seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 pinches salt
- 100 g mixed dried mixed summer berries, and raisins
For the mango compote
- 2 large oranges, juice
- 100 g caster sugar
- 1 vanilla pod, split
- 2 mango
1. Preheat the oven to 140C/gas 1/2.
2. Warm the oil, honey, sugar and lemon juice in a large saucepan over a gentle heat, just long enough to get them evenly mixed, but without boiling. Turn off the heat and add the oats, hazelnut, sesame seeds, cinnamon and a pinch of salt; stir well.
3. Line a baking tray with baking parchment, spread with the granola and bake for 1 hour. Give the mixture a good stir after half an hour.
4. Stir again again 15 minutes, and then once more 5 minutes before it's ready - this ensures and even coating. The granola should be golden brown. Cool on the tray, stirring occasionally to break up big clumps. Mix in the cherries and raisins and store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
5. For the mango compote, gently heat the orange juice and sugar in a pan with the vanilla pod. Stir until the sugar has dissolved. Bring up to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes, until syrupy. Remove the pan from the heat.
6. Peel and slice the mangoes, and arrange with their juice in a shallow dish. Pour over the warm syrup and leave to cool.
7. To serve, spoon a dollop of yogurt into each bowl and top with mango compote and a generous sprinkling of the granola.
Rate This Recipe