- Serves: 8-10
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 lemon, finely grated zest only
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 large pinch salt
- 90 g golden caster sugar
- 150 g chilled butter
- 200 g plain flour
- 100 g semolina
Tips and Suggestions
Grating the fridge-cold butter makes it easier to mix with the sugar and flavourings
1. Preheat the oven to 150C/130C fan/Gas 2.
2. Put the lemon zest in a large mixing bowl. Add the cinnamon, salt and sugar then grate in the cold butter. Beat with a wooden spoon until the mixture is creamy.
3. Sift the flour into the bowl and add the semolina. Start using the wooden spoon to mix it all together, then switch and use your hands to form a smooth dough.
4. You can either roll out the dough on a floured surface and cut it into thick slices for baking, or press the dough straight into baking moulds.
5. Place on a baking tray and cook for approximately 1 hour. Leave the shortbread to cool before removing it from the baking tray or moulds.
Rate This Recipe