- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 100 g self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 150 ml milk
- butter or oil, for shallow-frying
For the Toffee apples:
- 25 g butter
- 4 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 4 rounded tbsp banoffee toffee
- 50 g dark chocolate, melted
- vanilla ice cream, to serve
1. Place the flour, sugar and cinnamon in a mixing bowl and mix well.
2. Make a well in the centre and break in the egg. Gradually mix in the milk to make a thick batter.
3. Heat a knob of butter or oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan. Add tablespoonfuls of the batter, spaced a little apart and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip them over and cook on the other side. Cook in batches until all the batter has been used up.
4. Keep the drop scones warm while you cook the toffee apples.
5. Add the butter to the frying pan and when it is foaming add in the apples. Fry them over a fairly high heat until lightly golden and starting to soften.
6. Spoon in the toffee sauce and a tablespoon of water and stir well to coat the apples.
7. To serve, pile two drop scones onto each plate, spoon over some ice cream, then the apples and their toffee sauce. Drizzle with melted chocolate and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe