- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 slices dry-cured bacon
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 100 ml double cream
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 55 g butter
- 2 large croissants, sliced in half horizontally
For the strawberry floaters:
- 450 g strawberries
- 175 g caster sugar
- 150 ml water
- 250 ml Laurent-Perrier pink champagne
- 2 scoops of strawberry ice cream, to serve
1. First prepare the strawberry floater. In a liquidiser or jug blender blend the strawberries, caster sugar and water until smooth. Pass the strawberry puree through a fine sieve.
2. Preheat the oven to 190ºC/gas 5. Place the bacon on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 3-4 minutes. Turn the bacon over and drizzle with two tablespoons of the maple syrup. Continue to roast in the oven until slightly crispy.
3. Meanwhile, whisk together the cream, egg, sugar and cinnamon.
4. Heat the butter until foaming in a large frying pan. Dip the croissants in the cream mixture and fry in the butter until crisp and golden on the outside. Drizzle with remaining maple syrup and continue to fry for 1-2 minutes.
5. Make the strawberry floater by pouring rose champagne into 2 glasses and mixing 4 tablespoons of strawberry puree into each glass. Float a scoop of strawberry ice cream in each glass.
6. Transfer the croissants to warm plates and top with the bacon. Serve at once, accompanied by the strawberry floater.
Rate This Recipe