- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus minimum 1 hour marinating
- Effort: easy
For the citrus chicken
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 1 lemon, juice and zest only
- 1 lime, juice and zest only
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small bunches coriander, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the chilli new potatoes
- 1 kg new potatoes
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp chilli paste, or 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 bags mixed green salad leaves, to serve
Tips and Suggestions
Instead of frying the potatoes, you could steam or boil them and brush them in a little chilli oil. For more information on healthier eating see eatwell.gov.uk
1. For the citrus chicken: lay the chicken fillets between 2 sheets of greaseproof paper and use a rolling pin or meat mallet to flatten them out to about 5mm thick.
2. In a large, shallow dish, mix together the lemon and lime juice and zest, olive oil, coriander and salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Add the chicken fillets and coat thoroughly in the marinade then cover and chill in the fridge for at least an hour, preferably overnight.
4. For the chilli new potatoes: parboil the potatoes in a large pan of boiling, salted water for 7-10 minutes. Drain well then cover with a clean, dry tea-towel to absorb any excess moisture. Set aside to cool slightly then cut into diagonal slices.
5. Melt the butter and oil together in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the chilli and the potato slices and fry for 10 minutes, turning halfway, until crisp and golden-brown.
6. To cook the chicken, preheat a griddle pan over a high heat (you could also cook the chicken over the hot coals of a barbecue).
7. Place the chicken fillets on the griddle pan and cook for 5 minutes on each side, or until charred on the outside and cooked through.
8. Serve the citrus chicken with the chilli new potatoes and green salad alongside.
Rate This Recipe