- Serves: 3-4, depending on size of fish
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 whole sea bass, scaled and gutted
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bulb fennel, finely chopped
- 1 orange, grated zest and juice
- 1 lemon, grated zest and juice
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 bunch of dill, finely chopped
1. Trim the fins off the sea bass and score the flesh on both sides. Season and set aside.
2. Place the fennel, citrus zest and juice and a splash of olive oil in a mixing bowl and mix together well.
3. Lightly oil a large sheet of kitchen foil and lay the fish on it. Stuff the chopped dill into the scored skin. Fill the belly with the fennel and citrus mixture. Wrap the foil round the fish and seal securely.
4. Brush the base of the foil with olive oil and chargrill or barbecue for 20 minutes over medium heat.
5. Open the bag, check the fish is cooked through at the thickest point, and serve hot.
Rate This Recipe