- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 1 hr chilling
- Effort: medium
- 1 large yellow grapefruit
- 1 large pink grapefruit
- 2 large oranges
- 2 or 3 seedless clementines
- 1 lime
- 1 lemon
- 1-4 tbsp caster sugar
- 1-2 tbsp Cointreau, (optional)
For the Lemon mascarpone cream:
- 250 g mascarpone
- 100 ml double cream
- grated zest and juice of 1 unwaxed lemons
- 50 g icing sugar
- 25 ml marsala
1. First prepare the lemon mascarpone cream. Beat the mascarpone with the double cream until very thick. Add the lemon juice, zest and icing sugar and beat again. Stir in the Marsala and refrigerate for 1 hour.
2. Now prepare the salad. Carefully remove the skin and pith from the grapefruits and oranges, then cut through to the centre to remove all the segments without skin or pips. Put the grapefruit and orange segments in a bowl.
3. Peel the clementines and separate into segments, pulling off as much pith as you can. Add the clementine segments to the grapefruit mixture.
4. Wash the lemon and lime and slice these very thinly.
5. Stir 1-2 tablespoons of caster sugar into the grapefruit mixture. Taste it and add more sugar if required, Stir in the Cointreau if using.
6. Divide the grapefruit mixture among stemmed glasses or a glass serving bowl. Decorate with the lemon and lime slices. Cover and chill until serving.
Rate This Recipe