- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes plus 3-4 hrs setting
- Effort: medium
- 6 pink grapefruit
- 6 oranges
- 0.5 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 litres water
- 1 vanilla pods
- 12 sheets leaf gelatine
1. Peel the grapefruit and oranges and cut them into segments. Squeeze out any juice from the peel and pith and reserve.
2. Brush a terrine mould or loaf tin with a little vegetable oil and line it with cling film. Layer the citrus segments neatly in the mould.
3. Pour the water into a saucepan and add the vanilla pod and any reserved citrus juices. Bring to the boil.
4. Soak the gelatine in a little cold water until soft, and squeeze to remove any excess water.
5. Measure out one litre of the hot stock liquid and add the gelatine. Stir until the gelatine has completely dissolved, and then pour over the segments. Chill for three to four hours until set.
6. Slice the terrine with a hot, sharp knife, and arrange on plate with scoops of yogurt sorbet.
Rate This Recipe