- Serves: 15-20 biscuits
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus chilling time
- Effort: medium
- 150 g butter, softened
- 120 g golden caster sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 large orange, zest only
- 1/2 lemon, zest only
- 250 g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
For the citrus sugar
- 1/4 oranges, zest only
- 1/4 limes, zest only
- 1/4 lemons, zest only
- 50 g caster sugar
1. Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
2. Beat the butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy.
3. Gradually beat in the egg yolks until fully incorporated, then beat in the rest of the ingredients.
4. Roll the dough out on a floured surface until about 5mm thick. Cut out the biscuits with a 6cm cutter and arrange on a non-stick baking sheet, re-rolling and cutting any trimmings.
5. Transfer the biscuits to the fridge to chill until firm.
6. For the citrus sugar: in a small bowl, mix the zests with the sugar until combined and set aside.
7. Bake the biscuits for 8-10 minutes or until they are starting to turn a pale golden colour. Remove from the oven.
8. Sprinkle the hot biscuits with the citrus sugar and leave to cool on a wire rack.
Rate This Recipe