- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 x 1.8 kg skinless boneless joint turkey
- 50 g butter
- 1 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 sticks celery, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 150 g dried apricots, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, zest and juice only
- handfuls parsley, chopped
- handfuls thyme, chopped
- 200 g fresh breadcrumbs
- 60 ml chicken stock
- 6 rashers streaky bacon
1. Preheat the oven to 230C/210C fan/gas 8.
2. Heat half the butter in a frying pan and cook the garlic, celery, onion and pepper until soft. Add the apricots, lemon zest and juice, herbs and breadcrumbs and season.
3. Gradually add enough stock to make the stuffing moist but not wet.
4. Lay the turkey breast out flat, skinned side down. Spoon the stuffing down the middle then roll up and tie. Place the turkey breast upwards in a roasting tin, smear with remaining butter and cover with the bacon.
5. Cover with foil and roast for 50 minutes per kilo plus 30 minutes extra, removing the foil for the last 30 minutes. Check the juices run clear remove, then leave to rest for 20 minutes. Serve sliced with a selection of roasted vegetables.
Rate This Recipe