- Serves: 4 for a starter, 2 for main
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 30 ml olive oil
- 100 g shallots, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 100 ml fino sherry
- 1 x 400 g tin tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tsp pesto
- 1 kg clams
- 1/2 lemon
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan, tip in the shallots and garlic cook until softened, but not coloured.
2. Add a splash of sherry and the tomatoes and cook to reduce slightly, about 10 minutes. Add the pesto and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
3. Heat the remaining sherry and a little water in a steamer and steam the clams until all are open, about 3 minutes.
4. Pour a couple of tablespoons of the juice into the tomato sauce. Cook a little more to bring to a coating consistency.
5. Pour the sauce over the clams and stir to combine; transfer to serving bowls and eat while still hot.
Rate This Recipe