- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 50 g smoked dry-cured bacon or pancetta
- 1 leek, trimmed, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, trimmed and chopped
- 1 heads kale
- 600 g boiled potatoes
- 1 kg clams or cockles, cleaned
- 125 ml pale ale
- large handfulchopped parsley
- 6 sheets Japanese nori seaweed, the kind used for sushi rolls, shredded
1. Heat the butter in a large saucepan and fry the bacon with the leek, celery, kale, and potatoes for 3-4 minutes.
2. Tip in the shellfish and add the ale. Cover and cook, over a high heat until all the shells have opened - another 3-4 minutes.
3. Stir in the parsley and sprinkle with the nori seaweed.
4. Serve with plenty of bread on the side to mop up any juices.
Rate This Recipe