- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus overnight drying, plus chilling
- Effort: easy
- 1 bottle of good claret
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 cloves
- 2 blades of mace
- juice and grated zest of 1 lemons
- juice and grated zest of 1 oranges
- 200 g seedless raspberry jam
- 125 ml brandy
- 75 g caster sugar
- 3 1/2 sachets of powdered gelatine
For the frosted rosebuds decoration:
- tiny red rosebuds
- egg whites
- caster sugar
1. First prepare the frosted rosebuds. Dip each rosebud into egg white, then coat with caster sugar and set aside to dry overnight in a cool, dry place.
2. Put the claret, cinnamon, cloves, lemon juice and zest, orange juice and zest, jam, brandy and sugar in a large saucepan.
3. Gently heat together and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Remove the claret mixture from direct heat, add the gelatine and stir until dissolved.
5. Strain the jelly into a mould or glass dish, cool and chill until set.
6.Turn out the jelly onto a serving dish and decorate with frosted rosebuds. Serve.
Rate This Recipe