- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus 2 hrs marinating
- Effort: medium
- 4 eggs
- 10 slices pancetta
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- grated zest of 1 lemons
- 1 tbsp chopped thyme
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- black pepper
- 3 heads cos lettuce, shredded
- handful of parmesan shavings
For the croutons:
- olive oil, for shallow-frying
- 4-5 thick slices of white bread, cut into small cubes
For the dressing:
- 2 cloves garlic
- 35g tin tinned anchovies
- juice of 1 lemons
- 2 egg yolks
- 325 ml olive oil
- 3 tbsp warm water
- 4 drops tabasco
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- 150 g grated parmesan
- freshly ground black pepper
1. Slice the chicken breasts in half lengthways. Mix the chicken pieces with the lemon zest, thyme and garlic. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
2. Meanwhile, hard-boil the eggs for 6 minutes, then plunge at once into cold water.
3. Heat a griddle pan until hot. Griddle the marinated chicken until cooked through, cooking on each side. Slice the griddled chicken into strips.
4. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
5. Place the pancetta slices on a baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes, until cooked and crispy. Roughly chop the cooked pancetta.
6. To make the croutons, heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Add the cubed bread and fry until crisp and golden brown.
7. To make the dressing, place the garlic, anchovy fillets and lemon juice in a food processor.
8. After one minute, with the machine still running, add the egg yolks.
9. Gradually add the olive oil in a slow trickle. When two-thirds of the oil has been incorporated add the warm water, still with the blender running.
10. Add the Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco and tomato ketchup. Gradually add the remaining olive oil, with the blender still running.
11. Pour the Caesar salad dressing into a large bowl. Mix in the chopped parsley and grated Parmesan and season generously with freshly ground black pepper.
12. Add the lettuce and croutons and toss well. Add the hard-boiled eggs, sliced chicken and pancetta. Garnish with Parmesan shavings and serve.
Rate This Recipe