- Serves: makes 18-20 small cookies
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 30 mins chilling
- Effort: easy
- 225 g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 170 g caster sugar
- 170 g demerara sugar
- 2 eggs
- 250 g self-raising flour
- 225 g roasted salted peanuts, chopped
- 340 g dark chocolate chips
1. Cream together the butter and two sugars in a bowl until pale and fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs one at a time, sprinkling in a little flour if the mixture starts to split.
2. Stir in the sifted flour, then fold in the nuts and chocolate. Mix until just combined.
3. Cover the bowl with cling film and chill for 30 minutes, or until the dough is firm.
4. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and line two baking trays with greaseproof paper.
5. Take scoops of the cookie dough and place on the baking trays. Flatten slightly with the ball of your hand, then bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
Rate This Recipe