- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 100 g green beans
- 1 clove of garlic, cut in half lengthways
- 1 small head of lettuce, leaves torn
- 200 g tinned tuna, in oil
- 10 anchovy fillets, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced finely
- 5 ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 3 hardboiled eggs, quartered
- 100 g small black olives
For the dressing
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- A large handful of basil leaves, torn
1. Blanch the green beans in boiling water for approximately 5 minutes, do not let them get too soft. Then rinse in cold water using a sieve.
2. Rub the garlic clove on the inside of a large salad bowl to release the oils and aroma. Mix the olive oil, basil, salt and pepper in a little bowl, to use as dressing.
3. Toss the lettuce leaves gently in the dressing, then place them in the bottom of the salad bowl, spreading tomatoes, green pepper, green beans and tuna across the leaves.
4. Garnish with anchovies, olives and hardboiled eggs. Pour the dressing over the salad.
Recipe taken from:
Rate This Recipe