- Serves: 6-8
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus chilling
- Effort: easy
- 280 g smoked salmon, roughly chopped
- 220 ml double cream
- 2 tsp horseradish sauce
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 150 ml chicken stock
- 4 gelatine leaves, soaked in cold water until softened
- 3 tbsp fresh dill
Tips and Suggestions
To make melba toast: For the melba toast, grill both sides of the bread until golden-brown, then cut the toast slices in half horizontally. Grill the soft inner sides until golden-brown, and then cut the toast slices into quarters.
1. Place 180g smoked salmon, double cream, horseradish sauce and lemon juice into a food processor and blend to a smooth purée.
2. Heat the chicken stock in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Squeeze out any excess liquid from the gelatine, then add to the chicken stock and stir until dissolved.
3. Whisk the chicken stock into the smoked salmon purée until well combined. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper.
4. Either pour into one large bowl or 6 individual ramekins, top with the remaining chopped smoked salmon pushing then into the mousse slightly and sprinkle with the dill. Place in the fridge and chill for two hours, or until set.
5. Serve the smoked salmon mousse with freshly made Melba toast.
Rate This Recipe