- Serves: 6
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus sitting overnight
- Effort: easy
- 1.25 kg over-ripe tomatoes
- 50 g basil, chopped
- 115 g chervil, chopped
- bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 125 ml white wine
- pinch sugar, (optional)
- handful broad beans, blanched and podded
- 4 radishes, finely sliced
- basil, chervil or tarragon, to garnish
1. Sit a colander over a large bowl and line with muslin. Put the tomatoes in it and use your hands to squeeze them until they are all crushed into the muslin. Add the herbs, shallot and white wine. Season with salt, pepper and sugar.
2. Tie up the muslin into a bag and leave in the fridge overnight - the juice will slowly drip through into the bowl.
3. The next day, remove the bag from the colander and squeeze out any remaining juice into the bowl.
4. To serve: put the broad beans and radishes into the base of martini glasses and pour over the juice. Sprinkle with herbs and serve.
Rate This Recipe