- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 125 g caster sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 8 clementines, peeled and segmented
- 150 ml double double cream
- 150 ml full fat milk
- 5 eggs, 2 used whole, 3 using yolks only
- 4 tbsp orange flower water
- 25 g unsalted butter, soft
- 25 g plain flour
- icing sugar, for dusting
- vanilla natural yogurt, sour cream or crème fraîche
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5.
2. Grease the inside of a shallow ovenproof dish and sprinkle with caster sugar. Arrange the clementines on the base.
3. To make the batter, pour the cream and milk into a medium saucepan and bring just to the boil. Remove from the heat.
4. Break 2 whole eggs and the yolks of 3 into a mixing bowl. Cream the eggs and sugar in a bowl using a whisk, add the orange blossom water, flour and finally whisk in the hot cream and milk.
5. Pour in the batter mix over the clementines in the dish and cook in the oven for 30-35 minutes until firm, slightly puffy on top and cooked through.
6. Remove from the oven, dust with icing sugar and serve with yogurt, soured cream or crème fraîche.
Rate This Recipe