- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 500 ml whipping cream
- ½ vanilla pods
- zest of 2 clementines
- 125 g caster sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 8 egg yolks
1. Preheat the oven to 120°C/gas ½.
2. Place the cream, vanilla pod and clementine zest in a saucepan and bring to a slow simmer to infuse the flavours.
3. In a bowl, whisk the sugar and yolks together until pale yellow. Strain the hot cream and pour onto the yolk mixture, whisking as you do so, and mix together well.
4. Pour the cream mixture into 6 ramekin dishes. Place the ramekins in a deep roasting tray and pour in hot water around the ramekins until it reaches halfway up their sides.
5. Bake for 20 minutes until set. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
6. Dust each baked custard evenly with caster sugar and caramelise under a hot grill or using a chef's blowtorch. Serve.
Rate This Recipe