- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus 30 mins chilling
- Effort: easy
- 65 g sugar
- 140 g flour
- 85 g butter
- dashes of vanilla essence
For the clementine dust:
- zest of 4 clementines, (segments reserved for garnish)
- 200 g caster sugar
- few drop of vanilla essence
1. First make the clementine dust. Place the clementine zest, sugar and vanilla flavouring in a food processor and blend together until thoroughly combined.
2. To make the shortbread, place the sugar, flour, butter and vanilla flavouring in a food processor. Pulse together until the mixture resembles crumbs.
3. Bind it together with your hands and gently knead until smooth. Wrap in cling film and leave to rest for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
5. Roll out the shortbread dough on a floured surface and cut into the desired shapes. Place the shortbread shapes on a lightly greased baking sheet and prick with a fork.
6. Bake the shortbread for 6-10 minutes until golden brown.
7. Remove from the oven, scatter over the clementine dust and allow to cool. Garnish with the reserved clementine segments and serve.
Rate This Recipe