- Effort: easy
- 1 rabbit
- venison steaks, cubed
- 200 g pork fat
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp thyme, leaves only
- 1 tsp sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pheasant breasts
- 2 bay leaves
- juniper berries
1. Preheat the oven to 160C/gas 2. Lightly oil a 450g terrine mould or loaf tin.
2. Remove all the meat from the rabbit and place in a food processor.
3. Add the venison, pork fat, garlic and thyme and whiz until the mixture has a coarse consistency. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Spoon half the mixture into the prepared mould.
5. Arrange the pheasant breasts evenly along the centre of the tin.
6. Spoon the remaining mixture into the tin.
7. Cover the tin with a sheet of baking parchment and then cover with a layer of foil. Place the terrine into a roasting tin and pour in hot water to a depth of about 3cm. Cook for 1 hour and 30 minutes, until firm to the touch.
Rate This Recipe