- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 300 g cockles, in their shells cleaned
- 100 ml white wine
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small handfuls chervil, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- extra virgin olive oil
- 12 spears asparagus, steamed
1. For the cockles: Heat a large pan. Add the cockles and wine and bring to a simmer. Cover with a lid and give it a good shake then leave the cockles to steam until the shells open.
2. Remove from the heat and leave cool slightly. Discard any shells that haven't opened.
3. Remove the meat from the shells and put in a large bowl. Add the chopped shallot, garlic, chervil and lemon juice. Drizzle over the olive oil and toss to combine.
4. Serve the asparagus with the cockles vinaigrette spooned over the top.
Rate This Recipe