- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 50 g jaggery or refined molasses
- 100 ml water
- 3 tbsp clarified butter, (ghee)
- 25 g cashew nuts, split
- 25 g raisins
- 150 g freshly grated coconut
- 1 tbsp honey
- ground cardamom
- 12 ready-made crêpes
1. Dissolve the jaggery in the water and simmer for 5 minutes before setting aside.
2. Heat two tablespoons of the ghee in a frying pan and add the cashew nuts and raisins. Fry until the nuts have turned a light golden colour. Remove from the pan and set aside on a plate.
3. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of ghee to the pan and tip in the coconut. Stir and fry until most of the liquid has evaporated. Add half the jaggery syrup along with the honey to the pan and cook until the coconut takes on a nutty caramel-like aroma.
4. Add the nuts, raisin and cardamom powder to the mixture and mix well. Place a tablespoon of the filling over each pancake and roll up into a cigar shape or fold into a neat package. Serve warm, drizzled with a little extra jaggery syrup.
Rate This Recipe