- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 Scotch bonnet chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 bunch spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 400 ml tinned coconut milk
- 400 g fresh crayfish meat
- black pepper
- steamed basmati rice, to serve
1. Heat the oil in a large heavy-based frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, chilli and thyme, and cook for about 5 minutes until the onion is soft.
2. Stir in the curry powder and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add the green pepper, spring onions and tomatoes. Cook for a further minute.
4. Pour in the coconut milk, bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Add the crayfish, cook for 4-5 minutes until heated through and the flesh is opaque. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Serve with steamed Basmati rice.
Rate This Recipe