- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 450 g skinless cod fillets, cut into large chunks
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tsp butter
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 onion, grated
- 100 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- a sprinkle of garam masala
- 300 ml coconut cream
- a handful of fresh coriander, chopped
1. First make the sauce. Heat the oil and butter in a large saucepan with the cumin seeds. When sizzling, add the onion and fry until lightly golden.
2. Turn down the heat. Add the tomatoes, salt, green chilli, ground turmeric and chilli powder. Stir well.
3. When the sauce is shiny and the oil has separated, add a sprinkle of garam masala and stir in the coconut cream. Cook gently for 2-3 minutes.
4. Gently add in the cod and stir to coat.
5. Cover and cook on a very low heat for 12-15 minutes.
6. Serve sprinkled with a handful of chopped coriander.
Rate This Recipe