- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
For the meringue
- 6 egg whites
- 300 g sugar
- 50 g desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp sherry vinegar
For the filling
- 350 g pineapples, centre cut out, then cut into rings
- 100 g demerara sugar
- 100 g pomegranate seeds
- 200 g fat free Greek yogurt
1. For the meringue: preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form, then whisk in the sugar 1 tablespoon at a time.
3. Gently fold in the coconut and sherry vinegar.
4. Spoon into four circles on a baking tray lined with oiled greaseproof paper.
5. Put into the oven and turn down to 150C/gas2 immediately, then bake for about 45 mins. When the meringue is cooked, it should be hard on the outside but chewy in the middle.
6. For the filling: sprinkle sugar on the pineapple, then griddle for 3 minutes on each side.
7. Chop into chunks, then fold into the yogurt, together with the pomegranate seeds.
8. Serve the 4 meringues on individual plates with the yummy fruit and yogurt medley in the middle.
Rate This Recipe