- Serves: 6
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 onion, cut into chunks
- 3 small floury potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- ½ bulbs fennel, cut into chunks
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 chorizo sausage, sliced
- 1 pinches saffron
- 6 cod fillets
- 3 tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 100 ml white wine
- 1 tins canned chopped tomatoes
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. On a baking sheet lined with foil, roast both peppers whole until the skin blisters, turning half way through to expose all sides.
2. Meanwhile, add the olive oil to a large pan over a medium heat. Add the garlic and onions and sauté for a few minutes until the onions soften. Add the potatoes and fennel and continue to stir for a minute or two, then add the chillies.
3. Once the peppers are ready, cut them into strips and add to the pan along with the chorizo and saffron. Stir well and cook on medium heat for 5-6 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes and cook for a further two minutes, then season and pour in the wine and tins of tomatoes along with 400ml of cold water. Add the fish, stir and place the lid on, leaving to stew for a further 15 minutes, or until the liquid has reduced to a thick sauce.
For more ideas for cooking with chorizo, why not check out our favourite chorizo recipes?
Rate This Recipe