- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the garlic butter
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp brandy
For the shellfish
- 200 g mussels
- 200 g cockles
- 200 g clams
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 30 ml dry white wine
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp fish sauce
- small handful mixed herbs, (tarragon, parsley, chervil, chives)
For the cod
- 2 x 180 g cod fillets, skin on
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Mix all the ingredients for the garlic butter together and set aside.
2. Heat a large saucepan and add the mussels, cockles and clams. Stir in the shallots and wine.
3. Cover with a lid and cook for about 2 minutes, giving the pan a gentle shake half way through, to ensure the shells open evenly.
4. Pour through a colander and reserve the cooking juices.
5. Remove the meat from the shells, leaving a handful intact for garnish
6. Pour the juices back into the pan and bring to the boil
7. Add the lemon juice and fish sauce. Stir in the garlic butter.
8. Meanwhile, preheat a grill to high. Toss the cod fillets in the melted butter, season to taste and put on a grilling tray. Grill for 7-8 minutes, until just cooked. The exact cooking time will depend on the thickness of the fish.
9. Return the shellfish to the saucepan containing the garlic butter and warm through. Stir in the herbs.
10. Serve the cod on warmed plates with the shellfish and sauce spooned over and around.
Rate This Recipe