- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 1 x 3cm thick cod fillets, around 200g
- olive oil
- salt, and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp carrots, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp celery, finely chopped
- 1 bulb fennel, finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- 10 very ripe cherry tomatoes, alved
- 150 ml fish stock
- 100 ml white wine
- pinch of strands saffron
- 12 small raw clams
- 12 raw mussels
For the rouille:
- 4 tbsp home-made mayonnaise
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- pinch of ground cumin
- 2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- grated zest and juice of 1 lemons
- 1 tsp ketchup
1. Preheat the grill. Rub the skin of the cod with olive oil and season liberally with salt and freshly ground pepper.
2. Place the cod low down under the grill and grill for 12-15 minutes without turning.
3. Meanwhile, in a heavy-based frying pan sweat the carrot, celery, onion and fennel in olive oil over a low heat for 5 minutes until softened, stirring often.
4. Add in the garlic and tomatoes, mixing well.
5. Add in the fish stock and a splash of white wine and bring to the boil.
6. Add in the saffron, clams and mussels. Cook for 3 minutes, then remove from direct heat.
7. Meanwhile, make the rouille. In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise with the cayenne, cumin, garlic, chilli, lemon zest and juice and ketchup.
8. Place the grilled cod in a deep bowl, spoon the shellfish broth around the fish and spoon over some rouille. Serve at once.
Rate This Recipe