- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 100 g butternut squash
- 150 ml double cream
- 38 g parmesan, grated
- 2 very fresh eggs
- 350 ml chicken stock
1. Preheat oven to 140C/gas 1.
2. Dice butternut squash.
3. Simmer in pan of chicken stock until tender (8-10 minutes).
4. Drain the squash, purée and pass through a sieve.
5. Spoon the purée into the bottom of two 125ml kilner jars.
6. Crack the egg on top of the butternut squash.
7. Cover with the cream, sprinkle over the parmesan cheese and bake in the oven for 12 minutes.
8. Serve this dish directly in the jar with some good bread.
Rate This Recipe