- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus 4 hrs chilling
- Effort: easy
- 460 g firm fromage frais
- 100 g crème fraîche
- 100 g caster sugar
- 1 lemon, juice only
For the raspberry coulis
- 350 g raspberries
- 100 ml water
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 150 g mixed redcurrants and small strawberries
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Line 4 small, perforated heart moulds with four pieces of dampened muslin cloth, leaving plenty overlapping around the sides.
2. Whisk the fromage frais with the crème fraiche, sugar and lemon juice.
3. Spoon the cheese mixture into the muslin lined heart moulds. Tap the moulds gently against the table to knock out any air bubbles. Leave to drain for around four hours, or overnight.
4. For the raspberry coulis, place 150g raspberries in a saucepan with the sugar and water. Dissolve the sugar over a gentle heat and simmer for 2 minutes, before transferring to an electric blender.
5. Puree the mixture, and strain through a fine sieve into a bowl. Toss in the remaining raspberries, redcurrants and strawberries.
6. Remove the cheese hearts from their moulds and arrange in the centre of four dessert plates. Spoon the berries and raspberry coulis around and serve straight away.
Rate This Recipe