- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 10 mins infusing, plus cooling
- Effort: easy
- 3 tbsp freshly brewed espresso coffee
- 3 cardamom pods
- half stick of cinnamon
- 4 tbsp muscovado sugar
- 500 ml double cream, lightly whipped
- 8 sponge fingers
- 100 ml Guinness
- 8 meringues, coarsely crushed
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
1. Mix together the espresso coffee, cardamom pods and cinnamon and set aside to infuse for 10 minutes. Strain and cool.
2. Fold the muscovado sugar into the whipped cream and set aside.
3. Soak the sponge fingers in the Guinness until all the liquid has been absorbed.
4. Gently fold the strained coffee, Guinness-soaked sponge fingers and the crushed meringues into the whipped cream.
5. Mix together the cinnamon and icing sugar.
6. Divide the coffee and cardamom cream into small serving bowls. Sprinkle over the cinnamon icing sugar and serve.
Rate This Recipe