- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 1 hr chilling
- Effort: easy
- 350 g chocolate
- 400 ml milk
- 12 cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- 1 large tsp instant coffee
- 30 g sugar
- 800 ml double cream
- toasted flaked almonds, to garnish
1. Line a 20cm cake tin with baking parchment. Bring the milk and cardamom slowly to the boil, and then simmer gently to reduce by 1/3. Strain to remove the cardamom.
2. Add the coffee and sugar.
3. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water.
4. Whip the cream until it just begins to thicken.
5. Fold the melted chocolate into the cream, add the coffee mixture and stir to combine.
6. Spoon into the prepared cake tin and chill for at least 1 hour until set.
7. Garnish with toasted flaked almonds and serve with strong, sweet Turkish coffee.
Rate This Recipe