- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 3 hrs setting time
- Effort: easy
- 3 sheets leaf gelatine
- 350 ml thick double cream
- 5 eggs
- 120 g demerara sugar
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 tbsp Tia Maria or Irish cream liqueur
- 100 ml hot strong espresso coffee
1. Soften the gelatine sheets in a little cold water for 5 minutes.
2. In a clean bowl, combine the cream, eggs, sugar, cardamom and coffee liquor.
3. Add the gelatine to the hot coffee and stir until it has completely dissolved, and then stir this into the cream mixture.
4. Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water and stir until the cream thickens and coats the back of a wooden spoon.
5. Remove from the heat, pour the mixture into individual moulds and refrigerate for 2 - 3 hours until set.
Rate This Recipe