- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 tbsp freshly ground coffee
- 2 tbsp chopped thyme
- 2 tbsp chopped rosemary
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 boned leg of lamb, sliced into 6 steaks
- vegetable oil, for cooking
For the pepperonata:
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 10 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 yellow peppers, diced
- 2 red peppers, diced
- 20 pitted black olives
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 bunch of basil, roughly torn
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
2. Mix together the ground coffee, thyme, rosemary, parsley, salt and pepper.
3. Coat the lamb steaks evenly on both sides with the coffee mixture.
4. Heat the vegetable oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan until smoking hot. Add the lamb steaks, in batches if necessary, and sear on both sides.
5. Transfer the seared lamb to a roasting tray and bake for 8 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, prepare the peperonata. Heat the olive oil in a heavy-based frying pan.
7. Add the garlic, yellow pepper and red pepper and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
8. Mix in the olives and balsamic vinegar and set aside to cool for 2 minutes.
9. Meanwhile, remove the lamb steaks, cover and rest in a warm place for 5 minutes, before slicing.
10. Fold the basil into the pepper mixture.
11. Spoon the peperonata onto 6 serving dishes, top each portion with the sliced lamb and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe