- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 peaches, blanched, skins removed
- 125 g caster sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 125 ml single cream
- 100 ml strong espresso coffee
- 1 tbsp coffee essence
- 4 slices white bread, hand-cut
- 50 g butter, preferably clarified
- 1 vanilla pod, split lengthways
- 250 ml natural Greek yogurt
- handfuls toasted almonds
1. Preheat the grill to high. Heat a saucepan of water until boiling - take the pan off the heat, plunge the peaches into water and leave on side for 15-20 seconds. Using a sharp knife, peel away the skin and halve the fruit, removing the stones.
2. Place the peaches, cut side up, on a baking tray. Sprinkle with sugar and dust lightly with cinnamon. Cook under the grill until glazed.
3. Combine the eggs, cream, espresso and the coffee essence. Dip each of the bread slices in this mixture.
4. Heat the butter in a large frying pan, and fry each bread slice separately until crisp - about 5 minutes. Flip the bread slices over half-way through cooking.
5. Scrape the vanilla seeds from the pod with a sharp knife, and combine with the yogurt. Set aside, until ready to use.
6. Place the bread in the centre of a plate and top with the glazed peaches and a dollop of vanilla yogurt. Finish with a scattering of toasted almonds or hazelnuts.
French Toast Recipes
Rate This Recipe