- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tsp instant coffee
- 125 ml boiling water
- 250 g caster sugar
- zest of ½ oranges, in one piece
1. Mix the coffee and boiling water together.
2. Place the sugar in a pan and add 60ml cold water and the orange zest. Heat until the sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally. Bring to the boil and allow the mixture to bubble for 2 minutes.
3. Add the coffee to the sugar syrup. Bring it back to the boil and then turn the heat off.
4. Cool the mixture and serve over cakes, ice cream or with pancakes.
Rate This Recipe