- Serves: makes 20
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus overnight marinating
- Effort: easy
- 1 Galia melon
- 200 ml orange liqueur, preferably Cointreau
- 200 ml double cream
- 20 ready-made pastry tartlet cases
1. Place the melon into a small glass bowl. Cut a small hole into the top of the melon and press a funnel into the hole.
2. Pour all but a couple of tablespoons of liqueur into the funnel (if it doesn't all fit in at once, just pour in what you can and top up occasionally).
3. Place in a cool place overnight, allowing the liqueur to soak into the fruit.
4. Just before serving, whip the double cream to soft peaks, stir in any remaining liqueur and whip again until it just holds its shape. Spoon a little into the pastry tartlets.
5. Cut the melon in half, scoop out little balls using a melon baller and arrange on top of the cream. Serve straight away.
Rate This Recipe