- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 15 minutes plus 2-3 hours setting time
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Effort: medium
Cold Raspberry Soufflé
- 3-4 slices of swiss roll
- 2 tbsp Cointreau
- 10 sheets leaf gelatine
- 4 eggs, separated
- 200 g caster sugar
- 250 ml whipping or double cream
- 150 ml raspberry purée
- 12 fresh raspberries
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 12 shelled pistachio nuts
1. Prepare a 1.1 litre soufflé dish by tying an 8cm wide strip of oiled greaseproof paper around the outside top edge with string, so that it extends 2 ? 4 cm above the top of the dish.
2. Place the Swiss roll slices in the base of the soufflé dish. Pour over Cointreau. Soak the gelatine in 2 tbsp cold water to soften.
3. In a heatproof bowl suspended over a pan of simmering water, whisk together the 4 egg yolks and the caster sugar until the mixture thickens and turns very pale.
4. In a small pan gently heat the softened gelatine with a tsp of water until dissolved, stirring constantly. Mix the dissolved gelatine into the beaten yolk mixture and remove at once from heat.
5. Lightly whisk the cream until soft peaks form.
6. Stiffly beat the egg whites.
7. Stir the yolk mixture frequently until it is almost on setting point.
8. Mix the raspberry puree into the yolk mixture. Using a large metal spoon carefully fold the whipped cream into the raspberry mixture. Gently fold in the egg whites. Transfer the mixture to the prepared soufflé dish and refrigerate for 2-3 hours until set.
9. To serve, remove the paper collar. Decorate with fresh raspberries, sifted icing sugar and pistachio nuts.
Rate This Recipe