- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: medium
For the veal
- 300 g veal fillets, or loin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
For the artichokes
- 12 baby violet artichokes, trimmed
- 200 ml white wine
- 200 ml olive oil
- small bunch flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice only
- sea salt
- sea purslane
1. For the veal: preheat the oven to 200C.
2. Heat a frying pan over a high heat, then add the olive oil. Add the veal and brown on all sides. Transfer to a roasting rack and roast in the oven for 3 - 4 minutes.
3. Remove from the oven and cool.
4. For the artichokes: trim the artichokes so their bases are level and stand them in a heavy bottomed pan. Add the wine, oil, parsley and garlic, and bring to the boil.
5. Cut a circle of greaseproof paper to fit inside the pan, dampen it and lay on top of the artichokes. Transfer to the oven and cook until the artichokes are tender, approximately 10 minutes depending on their size. Leave to cool in their liquid.
6. Cut each artichoke into four lengthways and return to cooking liquid. Season with salt, pepper and the lemon juice.
7. To serve: thinly slice the chilled veal and arrange evenly on a plate. Sprinkle the veal with Maldon salt and top with the artichokes. Drizzle with a generous amount of the cooking liquid. Finish with a little sea purslane and serve.
Rate This Recipe