- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: plus 15 minutes if roasting
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 goose legs
- 1 pinches black pepper
- 500 ml goose fat
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 clove garlic
1. Preheat the oven to 150C/gas 2. Rub the goose legs with salt and freshly ground pepper.
2. Heat the goose fat gently in a casserole dish and lay the goose legs in it, making sure they are covered by fat. Add the thyme and garlic.
3. Bake the goose legs in the oven for 2 hours or until they're tender (the flesh should be easy to pull away from the bone).
4. Store the goose legs in their fat in a preserving jar. 5. Alternatively, place the legs in a roasting tray and roast in a preheated oven (230C/gas 8) for 15 minutes to crisp up. 6. Serve one goose leg per person with redcurrant jelly and a peppery salad with a balsamic dressing.
Rate This Recipe