- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 10 mins marinating
- Effort: easy
- 4 x 150 g pieces salmon, (use bottom half of fillet cut diagonally)
- 2 litres duck fat
- olive oil, for frying
- 300 g purple sprouting broccoli, blanched
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 1 tbsp tinned tinned anchovies, chopped
- 1 tsp capers, chopped
- 1/2 bunches chives, finely chopped
- 50 g ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- squeeze lemon juice
1. Season the salmon with salt and pepper and set aside for 10 minutes.
2. Pour the duck fat into a pan and gently warm to about 80C. Lower the salmon into the fat and poach for 8 minutes, until it is cooked but still pink inside. Drain from the fat.
3. Add some olive oil to a pan and quickly fry the broccoli. Add the shallot, garlic, chilli, anchovy, capers and cook for 1 minute.
4. Mix the chives and ginger with the vegetable oil and lemon juice. Season.
5. Serve the salmon with the chive and ginger dressing spooned over and the broccoli on the side.
Rate This Recipe