- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus overnight marinating
- Effort: easy
- 8 joints chicken, on the bone
- 700 ml red wine
- knob butter
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 handfuls plain flour
- 10 shallots, diced
- 150 g pancetta, diced
- 200 ml chicken stock
- 300 g button mushrooms
- creamy mashed potato, to serve
1. Put the chicken and red wine in a bowl and leave to marinate overnight.
2. Heat half the butter in a pan, add the shallots and pancetta and fry for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute. Take off the heat and put to one side.
3. Drain the chicken, setting aside the marinade for later. Heat the remaining butter in a large casserole dish and brown the chicken on all sides.
4. Sprinkle over some plain flour and add the shallots, pancetta, garlic and button mushrooms.
5. Pour over a little of the brandy and ignite to flambé the mixture if you can. Pour the marinade and the chicken stock into the pan and bring up to the boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
6. Serve with creamy mashed potatoes.
Rate This Recipe