- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp brandy
- 1 tbsp red lobster roe, (coral)
- 125 ml fumet, (concentrated fish stock)
- 4 tbsp double cream
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallot and gently fry for a few minutes until soft but not coloured.
2. Add the brandy, ignite with a long taper and flambé for a few seconds to burn off the alcohol.
3. Add the roe and the fumet and simmer until reduced by half.
4. Add the cream and reduce by another half.
5. Season to taste.
6. To make the foam, use a hand blender and whiz to a froth. Use only the foamy part of the sauce.
Rate This Recipe