- Serves: Makes two 450g loaves
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 1 hr 30 mins rising
- Effort: easy
- 1 tbsp cloves
- 2 tbsp coriander seeds
- 300 ml milk
- 3 tbsp butter
- 600 g flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp fast action dried yeast
- 150 ml honey
- zest of 1 oranges, grated
1. Pound the cloves and coriander seeds in a pestle and mortar until finely ground.
2. Heat the milk in a small saucepan. Add in the butter and heat gently until the butter has melted.
3. Place 300g of flour in a food processor, together with the ground cloves and coriander, cinnamon, ginger and easy-bake yeast.
4. Pour the milk in the blender with the honey. Blend until well mixed, adding in the orange zest as you blend.
5. Add in the remaining flour a tablespoon at a time, mixing well.
6. Knead the dough until smooth.
7. Shape the dough into a ball, place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover and set aside to rise for 1 hour 30 minutes.
8. Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas 5.
9. Divide the dough into two even-sized portions and place in two greased 450g loaf tins.
10. Bake for 35-40 minutes until risen and set.
11. Remove and cool on a rack.
Rate This Recipe